Key Features & Benefits include:
- Lightweight design
- Fast F/1 objective lens
- Wide field of view – 47.5° at 30mm eye relief
- Uses standard AA batteries
- No single point of power failure
- Can be fitted with Gen 2 or Gen 3 image intensifier tubes
- Available with class A, B, C and UK645 filters
- DNVG compatible
- Designed for rotary-wing aircraft
- Designed and manufactured within the EU
- No ITAR
- Ergonomically designed
The system consists of a high performance goggle which is based on our successful Fenn NG700 series of NVGs, and an external helmet mounted power pack which also acts as a counterbalance weight.
This NVG has been designed to provide the best low light performance by utilising an F/1 objective lens to maximise performance of the image intensifier tubes in low light conditions.
The wide 47.5° field of view at 30mm eye relief, results in increased spatial awareness for the operator whilst reducing the need for head movement thus increasing safety and reducing fatigue.
The design eliminates any single point of failure as each image intensifier tube is powered independently by separate electrical circuits. The power pack uses four standard AA batteries, two are used to power the NVG, whilst the other two provide back up.
The NG700+ NVG also has an integrated low battery level warning light to prompt the operator to switch to reserve batteries. Total battery life is in excess of 40 hours.